July 26, 2013

Decisions.


I'm facing a few big decisions in regard to school and work, and I always find it helpful to record my thoughts when trying to decide what to do.

First, I have decided not to go to school this upcoming year.

DJ is beginning graduate school next month which is pretty much a full time commitment. I am going to be responsible for providing for our little family during that time, which is hugely stressful for me to even think about. While I make decent money, we still rely on DJ's income to supplement mine. It is going to be a difficult year for us, and I just don't think I can handle trying to succeed in school on top of things. Therefore, the decision to take a year off.

I know, I know, "If you stop now you'll never go back!" 
I feel confident that my determination to get a college degree will pull me through the difficulties that taking time off and re-starting school may present. It has always been a goal of mine to graduate, and not doing so is not an option in my mind. Sure it will be challenging, but like most challenges, the end result will be well worth it.

What to do?

1 comment:

  1. depending on your view of government assistance, ahcccs is sometimes a good option. it's difficult for adults to get on, unless you're pregnant. however they are opening ahcccs to adults in January. I feel that if you are using it during school or to supplement when things are tight it is a wonderful option. good luck!

    ReplyDelete