July 26, 2013

Summer Reads.


Now that summer school is over, I have a little bit more time to do one of my favorite things in the entire world: READ!

I grew up with my nose in a book, and since starting college, I have had little time to read anything other than textbooks - gross. Now that I finally have time to read for pleasure, I have a huge list of books that I am super excited about! Warning: I am a lover of teen and young adult literature and I don't care who knows it.

Here are a few of my most recent reads:



Not a teen/young adult book, but it was quite a thriller! I love Dan Brown's works, and this one didn't disappoint. He did a great job of incorporating the history into the book without making the reader feel confused. I have never read Dante's Inferno, but I did not feel like I was missing pieces of the story. Well written, with lots of twists and turns to keep you entertained!


This book has been made into a movie, which I haven't seen, but I hope it's better than the book was. The concept that the book is based on is fascinating and exciting, but I did not think the book was well written. I tend to be super picky about the wording and formatting of a book, so I am aware that I am extra critical, but for me, my enjoyment of the awesome story line was hindered by the lack of maturity in the writing.


This next book was amazing. It reminded me quite a bit of the Hunger Games, but with a lot of unexplained aspects that require the reader to dig to uncover as the story progresses. Very well written and absolutely intriguing. 


This is the sequel to The Maze Runner but I was not as impressed as I was with the first book in the series. It is well written, but the story line was redundant and never really answered any questions that I had. I suppose the author did this on purpose to keep readers interested and motivated to read the final book in the series, but I found the lack of information irritating. I have yet to read the final book in the series, and if I don't get my answers I might flip my lid.


I re-read this book because the movie is coming out in a few months. Even having read this previously, I couldn't put the thing down. Suzanne Collins is a literary genius. Geez.


Go read this book. Seriously, who cares what I have to say about it. It's incredible and fascinating and thrilling and all things a book should be. Couldn't put it down.


The sequel to Divergent and just as good. I don't have a bad thing to say about either of these! The third book in the series comes out in October and my heart skips a beat every time I think about reading the final chapter in the trilogy. Amazing story line, it makes you think and question things. Definitely on my Favorite Reads list. 


Hahaha yep I read this. In like a day. And it was surprisingly informative. I would recommend it to anyone who has an interest in their gynecologic health, it has helped me to sort through some bodily issues I've been having. Again, hahahaha.

I love that books teach and entertain at the same time. I've always been a reader, and I always will be. My current goal is to build up my book library. Digital books are super convenient, but nothing beats the feel and smell of brand new, never-before-turned pages. 

What's your favorite book?

Happy Reading!

1 comment:

  1. I just read Divergent!!! Loved it and cannot wait until October!!!! So excited. You should read "The Green Rider" series, it is one of my all time favorites.

    ReplyDelete