August 19, 2013

Again.

Well, it is rather unfortunate, but I ended up in the hospital again on Friday night. 
For the third time this year.
I posted this picture with a caption that said, 
"home again, home again, jiggidy jig" 
on Instagram because it seriously is beginning to feel like DJ and I should just move in to the emergency room.

I was having severe pain with my cycle (TMI?) and after talking to a nurse's hotline and DJ's sister who is a nurse, we felt like we should probably go in, just in case. 
Both nurses were concerned that I may have a cyst or even possibly an ectopic pregnancy.
Better to be safe than sorry!
We went in to the ER at 9:30PM and they didn't even get us into a room until 11:00.
I was then poked and prodded and given all sorts of invasive girly tests that were not very fun.
After 6 hours of waiting, we were told that the doctors couldn't find anything wrong.

A relief and a disappointment at the same time.
A relief that my body is not in immediate danger, regardless of the pain suggesting otherwise.
A disappointment because we still don't know what is causing the pain.

Things have resolved themselves a bit over the last few days, and I pray they will keep getting better.
Sort of a scary incident, but we truly are grateful that nothing is seriously wrong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment